Could it be true, sand that doesn't leave a mess, sand that looks wet but is completely dry and you can it use it over and over again??
Ellie's Little Opinion:It feels really smooth just like a Dolphin. When you press the sand it just stays in shape this stuff is amazing. I like how the sand doesn't fall apart you can make something then crash it and make something again without it going everywhere. I love having the coloured sand you can now make pretty things with it.
Alyssa's Little Opinion: The sand really feels weird at first and it’s funny how it just stays together. This is amazing it’s just like a superhero???. It is easy for me to use, I like when I am making something it just stays together. I like how we now have coloured sand, you can make colourful cakes. Mum says to try not to mix the colours, but I think that's the best part !
Although not entirely mess free, the sand is very easy to clean up, you can pick it up with your fingers.
We also purchased the utensils but if you have playdoh equipment I don't think you need to invest in these.
The sand is not cheap, but I would definitely recommend buying it, our sand has kept really well after several months and has been used over and over again. When ever the kids have their friends over, the kinetic sand always makes an appearance and I can happily say the house has not ended up looking like a beach.
- The normal Kinetic sand is available in 1kg and 5kg, 1kg is approx. $20 & the 5kg is approx. $55
- Coloured Kinetic Sand comes in 2.5kg - sells for $39.95
- Utensils can also be purchased for $10
- It is recommended for ages 3 and up
- Always store the used sand in an airtight container
- Do not let the sand get wet - that's when the mess will occur.
- You can find out more information: http://www.kineticsand.com.au/
- Little Opinions brought our 5kg box from Fairy Blossom delivery was $8.95, we purchased the Coloured Kinetic Sand from Australian Geographic online Shop with free delivery.
As well as non-toxic, Kinetic Sand is anti-microbial and also adheres to Australian safety standards.