Their activities vary in difficulty, but are all built for fun for both kids and adults. The best part you don't need a partner and the kids don't need an adult to climb, all activities auto belay, just hook onto the automatic rope and start climbing.
Alyssa says: "At first I was a little scared but then I loved climbing. My favourite one was the spider's web. I liked climbing to the top and then letting go and flying back down."
Ellie says: "I wasn't sure about it at first but then I really enjoyed climbing it was lots of fun. My favourite activity was the enclosed rope climb. Next time I am hoping to do much better and will not be scared at all."
Mum's Big Opinion: With only an hours notice, I called Peak Pursuits to make a booking, they were very accommodating with fitting us in. Once we arrived it was a quick waiver to sign, kids harnessed up, a briefing and then the kids were off climbing!
The kids had a great time with the challenging climbs. It was great to see them give it a try even if it was a little daunting for them at first.
I liked the automatic belay, this allowed the kids to climb freely and once at the top let go and free fall to the ground. You did need to lock the kids harness in, but that doesn't take long for each activity, it therefore allows you to move from child to child to help and watch them on different activities.
Even after our 1 hour was up, which we were having so much fun and didn't realise the manager was very polite letting us know our session was over but gave us one more turn. I would recommend this place for the preschollers, school aged, older kids and adults.
Little Opinions will be returning to climb again and next time I might even give it a go... it reminds when i was younger and would go indoor rock climbing with my dad.
- Peak Pursuits is located at Gladstone road Castle Hill NSW
- For further information check their website Peak Pursuits or look them up on their Facebook Page
- Call ahead to book to avoid disappointment, sessions start on the hour of each hour .You can call or book online.
- Their opening hours are 10.00am - 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday and during school holidays.
- The cost to attend a 1 hour session is 5 - 17 years is $20 , Pre-Schoolers -under 5 (not allowed on High Ropes Course) is $13 and Adults 18+ is $25