You can check out Fashion pieces from Collette Dinnigan, The Steam Revolution, Transport, Disobedient Objects, Space, The Wiggles and currently showing The Art of Brick: DC Comics using hundreds and thousands of Lego pieces.
Along with the exhibitions, there are family activities, interactive games and special events for school holidays. In the Summer 2016 school holidays you can unleash your super hero and have your photo taken from a bird’s eye perspective.
I enjoyed dancing to the Wiggles and riding on the Wiggles red car and driving captain Featherswords boat (level 1 Wiggles Exhibition).
Another favourite part was seeing the pretty dresses and being able to design my own (level 4 Collette Dinnigan).
I also had so much fun going into the spaceship (level 1 Space) it made you a little dizzy when you came out.
I really hope we can go back again soon!
I really liked the museum my favourite part was looking at the fashion (level 4 Collette Dinnigan) and the Lego display ( The Art of Brick: DC Comics) that was amazing.
It was fun looking at things but also creating them too. I made 3 red rosy flowers at the Wiggles exhibition, I created outfits for fashion people and had my photo taken in a cape flying.
We stayed at the museum for around 5 hours. We checked out all the exhibitions and had an enjoyable kid friendly lunch at the MAAS cafe located on level 3.
The highlights for the day were the Collette Dinnigan Unlaced exhibition, The Art of Brick DC Comics (which you need to pay extra to attend), The Wiggles Exhibition, Space and transportation.
The kids really enjoyed the Experimentations exhibition, it gave them the opportunity to get hands on and see how different things work.
- Opening hours are 10-5pm daily or 9.30-5pm during NSW school holidays
- The museum is located at 500 Harris St Ultimo NSW
- General Admission is $15 for adults free for kids. If you do want to see the Lego exhibition you will need to purchase tickets $65 for a family of 4.
- The Art of the Brick: DC Comics Lego exhibition is on until Feb2016
- There are 4 levels, 2 cafes an outdoor playground and plenty of toilet facilities available on all levels.
- More information visit the official MAAS Museum website