A favourite spot for family and wedding photos the word 'park' surely doesn't describe the rich beauty, history and excitement that Fagan Park has to offer.
With parkland covering over 55 hectares this is one 'massive' park! It has everything you would want and more to keep the kids and adults happy for the day.
After a relaxing picnic blanket lunch we headed off to check out the Eco garden, which provides heaps of tips of helping, reduce waste in the household and information about growing your own produce.
All this hard work and you'd be justified in wanting a coffee! There is a coffee cart site open on weekends and school holidays. The cart provides hot drinks, muffins, cookies, chips, slushies and ice-cream.
Mum's Big Opinion: The playground does suit older children (5+years) due to the complexity of the play equipment but in saying that there is a small sandy area and some play equipment for younger kids. The expansive grounds mean that there is plenty of shade and grassy area near the playground to sit and relax.
- Fagan Park is located at 38-48 Arcadia Rd Galston
- The park is open from 7am until sunset (6.30pm during daylight savings)
- The park is open every day except Christmas day.
- There are 2 car parks, one off Arcadia Rd at the main entrance, and the other off Carrs Rd.
- Parking costs $5 per vehicle.
- For more information visit Hornsby Council website
Kim is the designer and creator of personalised children's products for special occasions. Kim started her business with personalised tooth fairy pillows. The little zucchini portfolio now includes bed organisers , Easter baskets, mini baskets and coming this Christmas personalised Christmas sacks.