It is Australia’s only dedicated ‘children’s museum’, and the first of its kind in the world based on a university campus.
The Early Start Discovery Space has been specifically designed for children from birth to 12 years and their families and provides a hands on creative learning space.
I liked working on the building site with my hard hat on and using my tools. I also liked the markets place and purchasing my food .
But my favourite part was popping out of the bottom, I couldn't stop jumping in the mouth , through the tummy and out the bottom!!!
The tummy was so much fun especially when you come out the bottom you really had to squeeze out just like a poo (hahaha).
We also had the chance to sit down at the craft table and make a paper flower.
I also liked playing the life size chess game and climbing aboard the ship and moving the net.
It was fun playing outside in the garden and jumping over the creek. Another fun part was the construction area too.
There are great spaces for little & older kids, the spaces were also big enough for the adults to also interactive and play with the experiences and help engage the kids in play.
It is very family friendly with easily accessible toilets (& kids only toilets), free lockers so you don't have to carry everything and a great outdoor area for eating and playing in.
- Open 6 days from 9am -4pm, closed Mondays and public holidays
- Children over 12months and adults are both $15.00 per entry.
- Free lockers available on site
- Located in the Wollongong University in the 'Early Start’ or Building 21
- Best parking is at the western P4 carpark. (it's free on the weekends)
- Bathroom Facilities offer parents room, kids only toliets and of course male/female.
- Cafe onsite with kids menu (There is no food & drink inside but a great outdoor seating and play area to eat in)
- For more information visit their website http://earlystartdiscoveryspace.edu.au/